Several skincare products are now introduced to the market but not all of them can give your skin the kind of care and attention that it deserves. In fact, some products contain toxic ingredients that can cause more damage to your skin than good. You have to avoid products containing such ingredients to prevent harming your skin.
The following are just five of the harmful ingredients that should not form part of your skincare products and routines:
- Phthalates – Several products contain phthalates at present. The problem with this chemical is that it is an endocrine disruptor and it can increase your risk of suffering from breast cancer. This makes it necessary to avoid products containing phthalates.
However, some manufacturers were able to conceal this chemical successfully in their product labels. They do so by incorporating the chemical into their fragrance blends. If you want to avoid a skincare product with phthalate, then make sure to go for one without any fragrance.
- Parabens – This refers to a preservative, which is frequently used in preventing the growth and development of yeast, mold, and bacteria in some skincare and cosmetic products. It is unsafe because it is linked to an increase in one’s risk of developing breast cancer.
- Sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) – This refers to a surfactant often used in a lot of skincare solutions. It is one of the most harmful ingredients in such products because it can irritate the skin. It also has the potential of developing a carcinogen known as nitrosamine when one blends it with other chemicals.
With its negative side effects, it is necessary to avoid serums and other skincare solutions containing this harmful ingredient.
- Formaldehyde - This ingredient is also unsafe because it is known as a human carcinogen. The problem is that several beauty solutions and cleansers still contain formaldehyde since it works effectively in preventing the growth of bacteria. This is the main reason why you really need to spend time checking the label of some products and find out if they contain formaldehyde before buying one.
- Synthetic or artificial colors – Adding synthetic colors into some products can make them look appealing to the eyes but you have to be extra careful when these ingredients are used because these can make the products lose their safety nature. It is because artificial colors are recently categorized as carcinogens.
If you want to keep your skin healthy, youthful, and glowing in a safe manner then you have to avoid applying products that contain the ingredients mentioned in this article. No matter how cheap a specific skincare product is, do not be tempted to buy it if it contains some harmful and toxic ingredients since you will only regret it in the end.
To guarantee your safety, you may want to check out the pure, all-natural, and safe products that you can access from the Derma Roller System skincare line.
See related articles:
★ Platinum Level Expert Author
Chloe Glynne is a skin care consultant with 12 years of personal experience in the industry. She is recognized for her skin care advice in the treatment of skin disorders such as acne and rosacea, unwanted wrinkles, fine lines, puffy eyes, damaged skin, with emphasis on anti-aging.