The winter season is also known as being the time when a lot of people experience dryness in their skin. Contrary to what some people believe, the main reason why your skin tends to dry out during the winter is not because of insufficient oil production but due to harsh external elements. If you experience such a problem during the winter season then it helps to hydrate your skin with the aid of these tips:
- Invest in a humidifier – During the winter, turning on your heating system is, of course, the first thing you always want to do. The problem with this is that it tends to dry out the air around you. In this case, you need a good humidifier to prevent excessive dryness in your skin, too.
It would be best to invest in a few small humidifiers and put it in different parts of your home. This move works in the even distribution of moisture, keeping your skin as healthy and as moisturized as possible.
- Moisturize frequently – You can also keep your skin hydrated by applying an all-natural and high-quality moisturizer in a more frequent manner than the other seasons. Also, take note that your hands’ skin is known to be thinner compared to other body areas.
With that, it is necessary to put on more moisturizer in that area. A cotton liner should also be used if you intend to wear gloves made of wool to ensure that your skin does not get irritated because of the material.
- Stay away from sauna and hot baths in the meantime – You have to avoid these places because these expose you to hot water that might take skin moisture. Do you really want to take a hot bath? Then you can still do so but make sure to add essential oils into the water as such works in moisturizing your skin. Try lowering the temperature of the water a bit, too. If you want to go outdoors, make it a point to put on natural skincare solutions, like cocoa butter.
- Buy safe and non-toxic skincare products – Spend time studying the content of a specific skincare solution prior to buying by reading its label. The best products for you are those designed for hydrating your skin without the use of alcohol base. One great choice is witch hazel, which works in restoring and refreshing your skin without causing it to dry out.
- Seek the help of a professional – If you are confused about what hydrating product to buy then you can always ask for a piece of advice from a professional. Talk to a dermatologist, for instance, if you want to figure out the specific product that is appropriate and safe for your skin.
Signs that Your Skin is Already Hydrated
You will instantly know that you are successful in hydrating your skin if it has enough moisture and glow. What you should do to determine whether it is already fully hydrated is to pinch the back part of your hand, specifically the skin in that area. You should then let the pinched skin go. Your skin is well-hydrated if it tends to go back to its original condition after letting it go within just a few seconds.
It is advisable to moisturize your skin even more if that does not happen. To make your skin glow and fully hydrated, do not hesitate to shop for moisturizers, derma rollers, and serums from Derma Roller System. What is good about this company is that it can ship your purchased product for free regardless of where you are in the world.
See related articles:
★ Platinum Level Expert Author
Chloe Glynne is a skin care consultant with 12 years of personal experience in the industry. She is recognized for her skin care advice in the treatment of skin disorders such as acne and rosacea, unwanted wrinkles, fine lines, puffy eyes, damaged skin, with emphasis on anti-aging.