- It can effectively treat a wide array of skin problems commonly faced
- It is much affordable than laser skin resurfacing, which is expensive because of the use of lasers
- Microneedling offers much less downtime compared with laser skin resurfacing
- Microneedling can be done on any type of skin, much different to chemical peels
- It has been shown by studies that microneedling by a derma roller is a simple and affordable treatment for facial scars
- Skincare products can better penetrate the dermis after microneedling, which creates many microchannels.
Microneedling is a popular concept at the moment, being affordable, with less down time and less damage to the skin, compared to laser resurfacing. Your skin can benefit in a number of ways from microneedling by a derma roller. It is suitable for all skin types, unlike chemical peels.
The Derma Roller System is an example of a microneedling device which offers an affordable at-home treatment for a variety of skin problems such as:
Wrinkles and fine lines
- Acne or other types of scarring, mild to moderate
- Sagging skin( neck, face, décolleté area)
- Stretch marks
- Big pore size or uneven skin texture
- Hyperpigmentation/ Melasma
A good procedure with some caution:
- Sun exposure should be avoided for two weeks at least while the skin heals (use SPF 50 as an alternative)
- Do not use NSAIDS (Aleve/ Advil) or Aspirin for 3 days before two weeks have elapsed after the treatment
- For one week do not use Retinoid creams or serums (Vitamin A)
- There should be no skin infection for one week before the treatment
- If you have done dermal fillers or cosmetic enhancements, wait 3 to 4 weeks before you do microneedling
- The treatment may involve different techniques, as well as different needles. For instance, excessive needling may lead to hyperpigmentation and scarring for certain skin types
Improving the outer layer (epidermis) and the inner layer (dermis consisting of collagen and elastin) of the skin is a major part of anti-aging care of skin. Microneedling is a procedure that can lead to a vibrant youthful skin by making effective and noticeable changes in the dermis and epidermis.
See related articles:
★ Platinum Level Expert Author
Chloe Glynne is a skin care consultant with 12 years of personal experience in the industry. She is recognized for her skin care advice in the treatment of skin disorders such as acne and rosacea, unwanted wrinkles, fine lines, puffy eyes, damaged skin, with emphasis on anti-aging.